Summary of BI 7.0 performance improvements
These tools use all RSDD* tables/views and displays them in a colorful and sorted way.
6.1 ST14 Overview
This tables are exists until the next repartitioning, so you can delete them after the repartitioning is completed. Locate and delete empty F-partitions via report SAP_DROP_EMPTY_FPARTITION (note 430486)
TA: RSDDSTAT statistic recording (tracing) settings for for Infoprovider/queries etc.
Views RSDDSTAT_OLAP (OLAP + Frontend statistics) RSDDSTAT_DM (multiprovider, aggregate-split, DB access time, rfc time)
How to delete statistics
TA RSDDSTAT (manual deletion)
There are two possible reasons for swapping:
Note : Before you change the settings, also have an eye on the pools via tool sappfpar! (on OS as sidadm: sappfpar check pf=<path-to-profile> )
9. Using the BW Administration Cockpit
Setup via SPRO (BI -> Seetings for BI Content -> Business Intelligence ->BI Adminstration Cockpit)
9.1 compressed and not compressed requests
9.2 process chain status
10. Optimizing performance of InfoProviders in summary
- range partitioning (only for data base system which can handle partitions, e.g. oracle, DB2, MSSQL)
- application level
11. ILM (Information Lifecycle Management)
12. BWA Business Warehouse Accelerator (just a small summary):
2) Optimize Rollup process with BWA-Delta-Index via RSRV (Tests in Transaction RSRV -> All Elementary Tests ->BI Accelerator ->BI Accelerator Performance Checks -> Propose Delta-Index for Indixes )
3) Use the BWA/BIA Index Maintenance Wizard for DFI Support or the option 'Always keep all BIA index data in main store'. So they won´t be read from the disk, they stay always in memory! You can also activate and monitore DFI support via the trexadmin standalone tool. Control your memory consumption of BWA for this option!
12.1 result of report RSDDTREX_MEMORY_ESTIMATE
12.2 option index keep in memory via BWA/BIA Index Maintenance Wizard
12.3 BWA suggestion for delta indexes (RSRV, see 12. 2) )
13. Query analyzing example
find out which queries have a long runtime over ST03n:
13.1 ST03n - very high DB useage for this query
In this case I would activate the OLAP Cache (which mode depends on the how often the basis data are changed and if they are filled at the same time -> grouping for multiprovider, see point 2) and talk to my colleagues which are responsible for modeling if we can change something on the compression time frames. For more details you can also check table RSDDSTAT_DM.
The high runtime causes also from a bug in the db statistics (results in a bad execution plan) which will be fixed in a merge fix (9657085 for PSU 1 and 10007936 for PSU2) for oracle 11g. (bug 9495669 see note 1477787)
13.2 You can see a high usage of the data manager (part of the analytic engine) = read access to the Infoproviders. In this case read time of the DB.
14. General Hints
I hope I could give you some useful hints for your analyses. I appreciate any kind of feedback, improvements and own experiences. Be careful with compression and partitioning, just use it if you know what you are doing and what is happening with your data!!!
May be I could show an old stager some new tables/transactions or some useful hints ;)
Some useful links and documents:
Jens Gleichmann SAP Basis administrator
Please tell me what is your experience with performance tuning. Where is your starting point? Do you make any proactive tuning?
Before the technical upgrade
1. Make sure that all transports in DEV system should be released and imported to all downstream systems QA and PRD systems.
2. Check for Inconsistent Infoobjects and repair inconsistent Infoobjects as much as possible.
3. Clean Up inconsistent PSA directory entries.
4. Check consistency of PSA partitions.
5. Check compounding consistency in Multiproviders.
Right before the technical Upgrade procedure:
Notes for Upgrade
technical upgrade procedure.
2. Review note 849857 to prevent potential data loss in PSA/change log. Review note 856097 if issues are encountered with parttion.
3. Review note 339889 to check PSA partition consistency.
4. Review SAP note 920416 that discusses a potential issue with compounding in MultiProviders.
Infocubes In Sap Bi 7.0 Cu.
5. Review note 1013369 for a new intermediate SAP NetWeaver 7.0 BI ABAP Support Package strategy .
6. Review note 449891 and also see note 883843 and 974639 to execute routine for deleting temporary BI database objects.
7. Review note 449160 to Execute program RSUPGRCHECK and to locate any inactive update and transfer Rules .
8. Review note 449160 to Execute program RSUPGRCHECK and to locate any inactive InfoCubes.
9. Review note 449160 to Execute program RSUPGRCHECK and to locate any inactive InfoObjects.
10. Review note 449160 and 861890 to Execute program RSUPGRCHECK to locate any inactive ODS objects.
11. Refer to note 996602 If modifications have been made to these to time characteristics, 0CURRENCY, 0UNIT, 0DATE, 0DATEFROM, 0DATETO,
12. Review notes 544623 and 813445 to run special reports for any UNICODE SAP system.
13. See Note 506694 and 658992 for more info for SAP Service API (S-API), which is used for internal and BI data mart extraction, is upgraded during the upgrade. Therefore,
14. For Release NetWeaver 7.0, there is completely new workload statistics collector. This newly developed workload statistics collector is incompatible
15. For BW 3.0B systems: Execute report SAP_FACTVIEWS_RECREATE from SE38 before running SAPup, to prevent problems with the /BIC/V<Infocube>F